Tear-Aid Repair Kits - Type A or Type B
- Tear-Aid repair patches make liquid glue, epoxy resins, duct tape and stitching obsolete!
- Prevent rips, tears and holes from getting larger
- Cut easily with scissors to any shape or size required
- Can withstand extreme pressure without ripping or losing adhesive strength
- Type A suits most natural and synthetic materials. Type B suits all vinyl, vinyl coated and PVC surfaces ONLY.
Repair rips, tears and holes on most surfaces with the best repair patch in Australia.
Tear-Aid is a very fine and flexible (yet extremely strong) pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) that provides a permanent repair. Tear-Aid patches are non-toxic and safe to use in all circumstances for all indoor and outdoor uses.
Don't replace! Repair with Tear-Aid!
- Extremely Strong
- UV Resistant
- Very Versatile
- Does not dry out
- can be used at temperatures ranging from -28 to +60 degrees celsius.
- make liquid glue, epoxy resins, duct tape and stitching obsolete!
- stretch and conform to irregular shapes and surfaces.
- can withstand extreme pressure without ripping or losing adhesive strength.
- prevent rips, tears and holes from getting larger.
- cut easily with scissors to any shape or size required.
- are UV resistant and will not crack or yellow for years.
Tear-Aid Repair Kits contain
- 1x 7.6cm x 30cm Type A Tape (or Type B Patch) - on plastic coated backing
- 2x 3.2cm x 15cm Type A Tapes (or Type B Patches) - on plastic coated backing
- 4x Romed Alcohol Prep Sachets (to clean the damaged area prior to repair)
What is the difference between Type A and Type B? How do I choose?
- 90% immediate adhesive strength
- 100% adhesive strength after 1 hour
Type A is suitable for most natural and synthetic materials including Aertex, Aluminium, Angora, Aramid, Bamboo, Burlap, Calico, Canvas Chiffon, Clarino, Coolmax Mesh, Cordura, Corduroy, Cotton, Dacron, Damask, Denim, Dynax Mesh, DuPont Kevlar, Exkin Air, Faux Fur, Fibreglass, Flannel, Fleece, Foil, Gabardine, Georgette, Gore-Tex, Glass, Hydratex, Hypalon, Jersey, Karvin Cowhide (PU Coated), Lace, Lamé, Leather, Leatherette, Linen, Lycra, Monofilm, Mylar, Neoprene, Net, Nylon, Peau de Soie, Polyamide (strong and durable), Polyester (lightweight and economical), Rayon, Satin, Silk, Spandex, Stainless Steel, Suede, Tapestry, Velour, Velvet, Voile, Wool, Zephyr, Zylon.
Use Type A patches to fix things like Windows on Sports Cars, Hospital Beds and Mattresses, Vinyl Bedheads, Plastic Containers, Inflatable Boats, Inflatable Toys, Life Jackets, Swimming Pool Liners, Windsurfers, Polyester or Natural Fibre Kites, Vehicle Fenders and Dashboards, Semi Trailer Tarps and Covers, Boat Seating and Fenders, Motorbike and Scooter Seats, Outdoor Window Awnings, Indoor Blinds, Shade Sails, Swimming Pool Covers, Camping and Caravan Annexes, and Patio Umbrellas.
- 50% immediate adhesive strength
- 100% adhesive strength after 24 hours
Type B is suitable for all Vinyl, Vinyl coated and PVC surfaces.
Use Type B patches to fix things like Windows on Sports Cars, Hospital Beds and Mattresses, Vinyl Bedheads, Plastic Containers, Inflatable Boats, Inflatable Toys, Life Jackets, PVC Hoses, PVC Tubes & Pipes, Swimming Pool Liners, Windsurfers, Polyester Kites, Vehicle Fenders & Dashboards, Semi Trailer Tarps & Covers, Vinyl Boat Seating & Fenders, Motorbike & Scooter Seats, Outdoor Window Awnings, Synthetic Outdoor Clothing, Indoor Blinds, Shade Sails, Swimming Pool Covers, Camping & Caravan Annexes, Patio Umbrellas, Sportswear Tops, Shorts and Tights.
- Always clean damaged area with Romed Alcohol Preps before applying Tear Aid.
- Cut rounded corners on the Tear Aid patch before applying to the damaged area.
- Placement is vitally important as Tear-Aid cannot be removed once you commence the repair.
Type A - Pressure Sensitive Adhesive – All Purpose
Type B – Pressure Sensitive Adhesive – Vinyl & PVC ONLY
- Please follow these instructions very carefully.
- Measure the damaged area and cut (with scissors) the strip to size (allowing at least 2.5cm on each side of the damage), slightly rounding off the corners. **If damage is long and wide and extensive, make sure you increase the allowance accordingly.
- Clean the damaged area thoroughly with the Romed Alcohol Preps (included with the product).
- Allow the area to dry completely (if possible) before commencing the repair.
- Remove a little of the backing paper from one end and stick that end down on the surface (**at least 2.5cm from the start of the damage).
- Slowly remove the backing paper while firmly pressing on the Tear Aid all the way to the end. Ensure that any air bubbles trapped between the Tear Aid and the surface you’re repairing are completely removed. A silicone roller is ideal for the job if you have one.
- Finally, rub over the entire area again very firmly (ensuring all air bubbles have been removed) and allow at least 1 hour to set (Type A) or 24 hours to set (Type B).